T&D continues to be a critical strategic asset for both utilities and individual owners. It becomes a vital link between the end-user and the utility, giving rise to grid modernization taking many forms across the industry, thereby enabling numerous new capabilities.
As the T & D system has become more complex in terms of design, there are various auxiliary facilities that must be designed and selected correctly in addition to the main electrical equipment. Without these auxiliary facilities, the T&D system cannot operate safely and efficiently. Various auxiliary facilities include oil handling systems, lightning, earthing, cabling, oil filtration, AC/DC auxiliary systems, etc.
The substation is a power station that includes a power transformer, a voltage or potential transformer, a current transformer, breakers, switches, and so on. With the power station thronged with large and high-priced equipment, with SgurrEnergy’s modernised design techniques, we enable our customers to optimise their costs and meet the growing demands of the industry.
We guide the client in this changing environment with a continued focus on ensuring reliability and managing cost throughout the lifecycle of EHV and substation. We have extensive knowledge of EHV and substation design, including feasibility studies for site selection, preliminary and detailed engineering, bid management, procurement assistance, and site monitoring during construction and commissioning.
We have been steadily upgrading and elevating its T&D system competencies to cater to the surge in demand for a sustainable and smart solution. In order to have an uninterrupted supply of electricity, it is crucial to have a robust and well-built T&D system. SgurrEnergy has a team of experts dedicated to designing, monitoring implementation, and ensuring quality for EHV transmission and substation design services.
- Power system analysis to determine technical feasibility, estimate power flows, and determine power system losses for different scenarios
- Preliminary assessment of proposed project development
- Transmission line route selection and substation site selection
- Preliminary design of transmission line and substations
- Risk assessment
- Detailed project cost estimate
- Recommendation of contract procurement packages
Feasibility study helps in providing the following solutions
- Project analysis, as feasibility study is a bridge between project efficiency and budgeted cost.
- Risk mitigation as it helps in risk treatment strategy development and contingency planning.
- It helps senior management to identify staffing need and acquire or train necessary specialist.
Design and Engineering
We provide complete Design and Engineering of EVH Transmission line and Substations
- Review and analysis of preliminary power project data
- Preparation of schemes connecting substation to state or national power grid
- Design of substation switchgear that includes protection, electrical layout and grounding system
- Design of control and monitoring system, relay protection and automation
- Design of auxiliary facilities in substation
Transmission Line D&E
- Electrical clearance diagram.
- Sag & tension calculation and sag chart using PLS CADD software
- Technical specification and bill of quantity (BOQ) for transmission line towers and electrical equipment
- Vendor drawing review
EPC Bid Management
As an engineering consultant we provide preparation of bid technical specifications, addressing technical queries of bidders during the tendering process, reviewing contracts and conducting technical bid evaluation in shortlisting contractors to finally helping in selecting the most qualified EPC contractor.
We have an experienced team dedicated for bid preparation and contracts review that aids in complete bid management to the developer, from a technical standpoint. We are known for managing multi-split contracts by taking up the integration responsibilities that benefits the project developers.
On site installation supervision
Centralized project management group
Standardized documentation practices including scheduling, reporting and closeout
Testing and Diagnostics
Testing and commissioning of EHV and substation electrical equipment is critical. This step has a substantial impact on the health of the equipment. SgurrEnergy assists in the monitoring of this impact while also significantly improve the project’s accuracy, safety, and overall quality.
Civil works for Substation & Transmission line tower
We have a dedicated team that is highly proficient working on civil infrastructure design, like road, drain, levelling and grading, hydrology, contour mapping and structural design and detailing of entire substation. The team has extensive experience of working on detail engineering and review engineering of domestic and international projects as per local and internationally accepted standards and regulations.
Civil Engineering services
- Detail route survey and preparation of topographical contour layout drawing.
- Preparation of technical specification for entire substation civil works, transmission line structural and transmission line route survey.
- Identifying the suitable path for transmission line from the results of transmission line route survey.
- Estimation of levelling and grading required for flattening the surface.
- Preparation of drain layout and designing the drain as per the finished levels and as per the catchment contribution/ hydrology report.
- Performing the flood risk assessment as per the available data.
- Design of Flexible / Rigid pavements.
- Reviewing the soil investigation report and recommending the type of foundation for worse anticipated loads.
- Structural design of super structure and foundation for broken wire condition for all substation components.
- Complete Substation Civil design as per ISO 45001 and ISO 14000.
- Material inspection and dispatch clearance certificate as per relevant codal standards.
- Design of transmission line superstructure and substructure components as per relevant Indian and International standards.
- Design of different types of tower viz., suspension tower, Tension tower etc. as per relevant standards.