Wave and tidal energy
SgurrEnergy is one of the few consultancies in the world to possess extensive working knowledge of the intricacies of marine energy and we know that understanding the harsh marine environment is key to the development of your wave and tidal project.
Having been involved in cutting-edge marine energy projects around the world, SgurrEnergy’s wave and tidal team has a wealth of experience to drive your project to success. We have worked alongside key players within the marine energy industry including Scottish Power, AWS Ocean Energy, Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon Power, Pelamis Wave Power, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and Voith Hydro Wavegen Limited.
SgurrEnergy provides a comprehensive range of marine and tidal services covering all stages of the project lifecycle, from site selection and appraisal to operations and maintenance. We offer a bespoke package based on the following area of expertise:
- Integrated risk profiling
- Marine numerical modelling, including resource assessment and uncertainty analysis
- Technical and financial due diligence
- Environmental and social due diligence
- Technology audits
- Oceanography and met ocean assessment
- Site selection and appraisal
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Underwater noise analysis and impact assessment
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Project management
In addition to our dedicated wave and tidal team, we can call on the in-house expertise of over 180 highly qualified consultants and engineers to supplement additional skills in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, underwater noise, control and instrumentation, health and safety, operation and maintenance, geographical information systems, and project management.
In addition to the services listed above, one of SgurrEnergy’s key skills lies in the understanding of the marine environment from an energy yield perspective. We offer a comprehensive energy yield assessment package which includes:
- Assessment of the marine energy resource
- Site selection criteria
- Advice on appropriate data collection methods based on character of the resource
- Independent advice on data measurement device deployment
- Power performance assessment
For more information on our wave and tidal services, contact us.