An interactive and engaging site management safety training scheme for onshore renewables professionals, delivered by onshore renewables experts.
If you would like to book a bespoke course, get in touch with our health and safety team.
For more information on the course itself, just scroll down and read about why a renewable energy focused SMSTS is for you.
Why this course?
The Onshore Renewables SMSTS course is the only course of its kind in the UK, dedicated to onshore renewable energy, making it an essential training resource for companies involved in the renewables sector.
SgurrEnergy has a long track record in onshore renewable energy and has been involved in some of t he world’s most high profile onshore projects, including the UK’s biggest onshore wind farm, Whitelee.
With this expertise, SgurrEnergy’s accredited trainers will deliver comprehensive best practice to delegates, based on real experiences.
Our consultants have created and delivered the RenewableUK onshore health and safety guidelines 2015 and the offshore work at height guidelines for the Energy Institute and G9 Offshore Wind Health and Safety Association, so you’ll be learning from the latest good practice in the industry.
Find out if you’re entitled to a CITB training grant here.
Who is the course for?
This five day course is designed for construction site managers, agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors and project directors. It is ideally suited to those who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce in an onshore renewables environment.
- Five day course delivered by onshore expert trainers
- Core SMSTS syllabus plus enhanced onshore renewables syllabus
- Onshore renewables-specific case studies and group exercises focusing on real life situations
- Formal training on current RenewableUK health and safety guidelines.
The course will enable you to:
- Manage health and safety onsite in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Have understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare in the onshore environment
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
You can see a full course programme, session by session, by clicking here.
Note: In order to successfully gain certification, delegates will be required to attend all sessions, unless extenuating circumstances can be shown.
Please read the SMSTS course terms and conditions before booking.