Bioenergy is currently a vastly under utilised resource in the UK and globally and utilisation is set to increase as a result of technology advances and a changing economic environment. Many different technologies exist for processing and extracting energy from biologically derived material.
SgurrEnergy offers a broad range of consultancy services for thermal and biological conversion based energy generation technologies. Our project experience ranges from small commercial heat generation to large industrial heat and power plants. SgurrEnergy has knowledge of processing a wide range of feedstock from uncontaminated woodchip to a range of materials traditionally regarded as ‘waste.’
We offer a comprehensive package of consultancy and implementation services relating to bioenergy project development. These include:
- Project identification and feasibility studies
- Process design
- Technology evaluation
- Resource and energy demand assessment
- Equipment specification
- Statutory consents including planning and IPPC
- Contract preparation
- Tender appraisal
- Project management and client representation
- Supervision of construction and commissioning
- Operational troubleshooting
- Due diligence and assessment services for investors and lenders
In addition to our specific biomass expertise, SgurrEnergy has in house expertise in many additional areas required for successful project delivery. This allows a suitable multi-disciplinary team, tailored to individual client requirements, to be assembled on a project by project basis, drawing in expertise as required.