Client: Point & Sandwick Power Ltd.
Location: Isle of Lewis, Scotland
Service: Full owner’s engineer (technical advisor) services including project management
SgurrEnergy was appointed by Point & Sandwick Power Limited in March 2011 to provide technical support to take the UK’s largest community renewable energy project from planning consent through to financial close. Providing technical services and liaising with the Client and the lender’s financial and legal advisors, SgurrEnergy successfully brought the 9MW wind energy project to financial close.
SgurrEnergy provided wind resource analysts, multi-disciplined engineers, environmental consultants and financial modellers led by a project management team to provide:
- Technical support to achieve financial close
- Project management including project planning and risk management
- Wind regime and energy yield analysis
- Wind turbine component transportation access evaluation
- Ground investigation contract management
- Grid connection contract management
- Balance of plant contract management
- Wind turbine supply contract management (3 Enercon 3MW wind turbines)
- Wind turbine service warranty contract management
- Financial model and power purchase agreement evaluation
- Monitoring and discharge of planning consents
After reaching financial close, SgurrEnergy was selected as technical advisor for the construction phase and will also provide operational management support once the wind farm is operational.