Client: Wilson Renewables
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Service: Full owner’s engineer (technical advisor) services including project management and operation management services
SgurrEnergy was appointed by Wilson Renewables to provide support to take this project from initial planning approval through construction and progressing on to operational management.
The project required the conclusion of the planning process and identification and selection of the key contractors against a tight timescale and challenging planning constraints. We provided the expertise of analysts, engineers, environmental specialists and financial specialists led by a project management team to provide:
- Technical support to achieve full planning consent
- Project management and project planning
- Wind regime and energy yield analysis
- Concept design evaluation, including access and transport
- Ground investigation specification and monitoring
- Financial model and power purchase agreement evaluation
- Tender specifications, tender process management and contract negotiation for balance of plant (BOP), contestable grid and wind turbine supply agreements
- Financial close support including lender’s engineer liaison
- Monitoring of BOP, wind turbine generators (WTGs) and contestable contracts
- Site presence
- Technical review of documentation and planning obligations
- Meeting support, programme and risk review
- Technical support for WTG.
Now that the site is energised, our client has selected us to provide operations management services, allowing us to use our expertise and leading edge software products to improve the operational efficiency of the site, maximising production levels and lowering operational costs. The agreement also includes the overseeing of maintenance activities during the initial stages of the project operational phase and all other stakeholder management including liaison with the land owners and South Lanarkshire council.